- Job ID
- Job Type
Our company works with accredited food safety auditors including the British Retail Consortium, American Institute of Baking International, Silliker Incorporated among others, to continuously measure our performance and compliance to the strictest food safety standards.
Be assured, that with us, you are the priority receiving the personalized service, dedication and attention to detail only a private company can provide. We value your business and understand it is earned every day. We will continue to work hard on your behalf to provide the quality and differentiation you and your customers demand.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Mixer Operator will follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Food Safety standards by operating dough mixing equipment. The incumbent will prepare for the production line start-up, ordering the proper ingredients and materials to be used, check the quality of the product, and report any concerns that need to be addressed.
- Safely operate assigned mixing equipment according to the standards and specifications associated with the production area following all proper SOPs.
- Operate mixing equipment efficiently and ensures product standards, specifications, and quality requirements met
- Ensure that raw materials measured and blended into each mix according to instructions and production specifications
- Ensure time/temperature control according to production standards
- Maintain production schedule by getting dough mixed and divided efficiently
- Maintain all necessary records of temperature, time, and other required data
- Ensure ingredients and other raw materials are stored safely and check for any cross-contamination
- Troubleshoot issues under pressure and perform root cause analysis with corrective actions to prevent the same in future
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Work rules, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience or training in manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate and work with mechanical and electrical machines
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions, warnings, labels, and postings in English effectively and with a high level of detail
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and abide by the GMP’s and Health & Safety standards
- Computer literacy
Work and Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures
- Willing to work in shifts from Monday to Friday and Saturdays (subject to orders)
- Overtime may be needed
At Fiera Foods, we are committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive, and accessible environment, where all employees are valued and supported. We are dedicated to fostering a workforce reflecting the diversity of our community and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Fiera Foods is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities or special needs requiring accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please notify our Human Resources Team at 416-746-1010 ext. 480 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Fiera Foods, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.