- Job ID
- Job Type
Our company works with accredited food safety auditors including the British Retail Consortium, American Institute of Baking International, Silliker Incorporated among others, to continuously measure our performance and compliance to the strictest food safety standards.
Be assured, that with us, you are the priority receiving the personalized service, dedication and attention to detail only a private company can provide. We value your business and understand it is earned every day. We will continue to work hard on your behalf to provide the quality and differentiation you and your customers demand.
Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor, Forklift Operator will follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Food Safety standards by operating the forklift. The incumbent will perform tasks and processes associated with a distribution center while in a freezer environment. The primary responsibility of this position is the support and movement of the product into the freezer. He/she will have operated Scissor lift and Pump truck with the ability to move large loads in/out of the warehouse as needed.
- Safely operate assigned a forklift and related equipment according to the standards and specifications associated with the production area following all proper SOPs.
- Load, unload, or move materials or finished goods to designated freezing areas using a forklift
- Verify, locate, track and collect goods using a handheld scanner
- Operate a Scissor lift and Pump truck as required
- Ensure all necessary record keeping
- Immediately report of all equipment or product damages
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Work rules, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid License to operate Counterbalance Lift Truck and Ride on Pallet Truck (Electric)
- 2-3 years of warehousing and/or shipping experience (preferably in a freezer environment)
- Scissor lift and Pump truck certification
- Experience working with scanners is an asset
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and abide by the GMP’s and Health & Safety standards
- Computer literacy
Work and Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 60 lbs
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures
- Willing to work in shifts from Monday to Friday and Saturdays (subject to orders)
- Overtime may be needed
At Fiera Foods, we are committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive, and accessible environment, where all employees are valued and supported. We are dedicated to fostering a workforce reflecting the diversity of our community and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Fiera Foods is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities or special needs requiring accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please notify our Human Resources Team at 416-746-1010 ext. 480 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Fiera Foods, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.