Production Supervisor (Bagel Line)
- Job ID
- Job Type
Our company works with accredited food safety auditors including the British Retail Consortium, American Institute of Baking International, Silliker Incorporated among others, to continuously measure our performance and compliance to the strictest food safety standards.
Be assured, that with us, you are the priority receiving the personalized service, dedication and attention to detail only a private company can provide. We value your business and understand it is earned every day. We will continue to work hard on your behalf to provide the quality and differentiation you and your customers demand.
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, a Supervisor plays a critical role in the overall manufacturing operations and provides day-to-day leadership to all aspects of the line including operations, quality, safety, efficiency, performance, and training. The incumbent has to adhere to our procedures by following GMP Standards and Health and Safety guidelines as well as to lead by example and foster an environment of mutual respect and teamwork to meet and exceed established goals and objectives.
- Coordinate production activities of the team to accomplish established goals according to the production schedule and product quality
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products and processes with the objective to reduce waste while striving for safety, efficiency, and profitability
- Ensure a proper start-up procedure including calculating orders, checking dough sheets and equipment condition, temperature settings, etc.
- Complete staff scheduling to ensure that the production line is adequately staffed
- Ensure that safety rules, practices, and lockout procedures are followed accordingly
- Execute and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly records for all stages of production relative to safety, quality, key performance indicators, and order completion
- Lead, train, and provide constructive feedback to the team members
- Coordinate with other departments to minimize downtime and work closely with maintenance, sanitation, and shipping departments
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce applicable regulations
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in food manufacturing sector (bakery manufacturing environment is preferable)
- A High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience (education in business, food science or technical trades is an asset)
- Ability to abide and force the GMPs and Health & Safety standards
- Excellent ethics, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Work and Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 20 lbs
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Flexible workdays, weekends and overtime as required
At Fiera Foods, we are committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive, and accessible environment, where all employees are valued and supported. We are dedicated to fostering a workforce reflecting the diversity of our community and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Fiera Foods is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities or special needs requiring accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please notify our Human Resources Team at 416-746-1010 ext. 480 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Fiera Foods, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.